Tuesday, June 08, 2010

More Time?

My physiotherapist gave me an okay to return to active duty, and my kinesiologist gave me some new exercises. That means that I no longer have almost 2 hours a day of exercises to do! Which is nice, because they didn't actually help me lose weight, or get in better shape, they just increased my flexibility and forced my discs back in my spine. Now, I have real exercises, and am starting to get desperate for yoga and bellydance. I just got Rachel Brice's Arms and Posture video, and figured that it was in line with the exercises I have prescribed, so why not?

I was also thinking of a project to give my DD. She seems to be missing me a lot (I'm either stretching or purging for the garage sale), and I wanted to give her something. I thought I could make her a friendship bracelet while we have movie night. She loves the idea of sympathetic magic - she tries to save all her toenail clippings and hair - so I thought I could put some of my hair in it. She could wear it to school, and feel like part of me was with her. 

My DH spent some time in his garage, and then gave me this. I only hope that I'll get as much time to do my own thing. But , y'know, not likely. He started on another large blank, and I bought him some pen kits for his upcoming birthday. Meanwhile, there is a project waiting on my cutting table, a head that needs a body, and a mask that needs painting. And I'm slowly gaining back the few pounds I lost now that I'm a recovering cripple. Oh well, microseconds are just not enough!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful bowl!

    Glad to hear the physio thinks you are back in alignment finally. I have been thinking about the DD wanting to learn calligraphy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave her a book on learning cursive, and she started doing it. It's for grade 3 and 4, but she's doing well already.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you make the bracelet? Post a picture! It is such a wonderful idea and ideally suited to her.

    ReplyDelete