Friday, June 18, 2010

Birthdays!!!!

Well, it was my DH's 34th on June 10th, and he was a little spoiled. The girls made him a treasure chest cake, and they did almost all the work themselves.

Of course, the gold coins had Disney fairies on them, and the cake had to be reinforced by icing, since it fell apart during construction, but it still tasted great. He got pen kits for his lathe from me, and a tackle box from the girls. Since it was his birthday, we went to the lake with the in-laws. It was really nice, we'd never been to that lake before. We went golfing. Well, rode around in a rented golf cart for a couple of hours. I got a sunburn that prevented me from wearing anything that touched my back, or really even moving, for 3 days. And I was wearing sunscreen!

My poor little diabetic DD is too small for her tricycle. We had to get her one for up to three, even though she's 3 1/2. She's a little afraid of falling, but we got that covered. Now if she falls, she just bounces! No scrapes, nothing! All that birthday cake and camping food meant her glucose readings were through the roof all weekend, and we were up all night, with her crying. The insulin just doesn't act fast enough sometimes! I didn't get anything "fun" done recently, and to make matters worse, I got a Sony Reader as an early birthday present, so now I have one more other thing to do! It has RSS capabilities, as well as the books, and audio, and pictures, so I may not get to anything in a timely fashion!! Not enough hours in the day! On the bright side, I have a place saved at a playschool in the fall, so I can start to get some time to myself. Because of the diabetes, it's just one morning a week to start, but some time is better than no time!!

2 comments:

  1. That is jilsrious! It never would have occurred to me that someone could fall off a trike! Poor little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She managed to topple the old one, and this one too. She can catch herself, so she hasn't really fallen yet, but she's not so scared now.

    ReplyDelete