Monday, March 23, 2009

FLYing

I am scatterbrained. That's all there is to it. I am very easily distracted, especially when it's chores that I'm supposed to be focusing on. However, I have to feed my kids, take the oldest to kindergarten, give insulin shots, keep track of glucose levels, and try to clean up after 2 very needy, scatterbrained children. My 2 year old DD has all kinds of problems, type 1 diabetes being the most pressing, but they all add up to someone who cries quite a bit, needs to be carried a lot, and yet insists on dressing herself, going potty by herself, and actually does okay cleaning up after herself. My 5 year old DD is artistic, imaginative, and quite emotionally needy. She also is as scattered as me. Well, more so. She has a terrible time picking up, but can literally get out every toy and fancy dress in her room and spread them all over the house in under 30 minutes. She wears 5 or 6 outfits a day, all of them with long, complicated stories, that she likes to explain to me in the most roundabout, confusing way. She got that from me too. I talk too much. My tastes are extremely varied (my girls are learning to share that taste in a place where cliques and fitting in are almost a religion). All this adds up to a major organization handicap. And so, for the fourth or fifth time, I am restarting to FLY. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, here's the link. FLYlady. Any other FLYers? Today I'll redo my control journal, and I'll post results later. "Come, other butterflies, flitting among the flowers like I, and FLY!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment