Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thanksgiving passes, and Halloween cometh.

Since I'm Canadian, Thanksgiving was last weekend. That means I have very little time to make our Halloween costumes. It also means that the frost has started to appear in the mornings.*sigh* The girls are both being Smurfette, and I think I've decided on bright blue sweatsuits to go under their white dresses. It can be really cold on Halloween here, and they need to be able to go outside. I want to be City Hunter. Only, you know, I'm not a guy. So, a female ninja? City Ninja? In military coat and boots, maybe? Truth be told, I just like the black flu mask. Sad, but true. (Who thinks I could use it as an excuse to get new boots!?!?)
Thanksgiving in Saskatchewan. Yes, that is the moon.
We had a lot of fun at the farm for Thanksgiving. Got to see the twins, and my bigger niece too. My little daughter spent the whole time whispering everything in my ear so quiet, it was more like breathing heavy. She gets soooo shy. The big one changed diapers all weekend. Since it was also Hangeul Day, we got our names. Amaryce = 연미 (yon-mee), Gwendolynn = 수경 (soo-kyong), and Ellora = 예은 (yay-eun). They seem about perfect to me. I love them!

I have a head and hands in need of a body. Polymer clay, not real! (You're morbid!) I'm thinking wizened, feathered, and maybe he eats ants.



His eyes aren't really blue like this. They are actually an iridescent black. Doesn't he look like a friendly bug eater? Like a happy old bird. Now I just need to find the time to make him a body. I've never done a whole body before, so it should be interesting!

Don't you just love him?
Anyone ever done a wrapped wire body before? Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment